Sunday 16 September 2012

Audible: Conqueror Series by Conn Iggulden

I recently got through listening to the Conqueror series by Conn Iggulden.  I listened to the four book that are available on Audible (the final book "The Conqueror" not being available) one after the other in a Genghis Khan marathon!  Overall, the books were quite good and I enjoyed them very much at the time as I was looking to "read" something different than usual. 

Book number one is "Wolf of the Plains":




Of all the books, I like this one the best.  I have always liked the "rise to power" type of stories, and I found that the later books seemed quite similar and not as exciting.  The narrator was good and there was an interview with the narrator and Conn Iggulden at the end of the book.




Lords of the Bow looks at Genghis conquering the Asians to the East.  This book was good in that the "conquering" story was unique - this got old to me very fast in the next two books. 




I think I liked this book the least, which focuses on conquering a part of the Middle East.




Empire of Silver was pretty good, having intrigue and betrayal as well as the usual conquering.  It ended a bit suddenly and I would have liked to listen to the final book about Kublai Khan, but Audible does not have it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment