Monday 9 July 2012

Audible Review: The Relic

I just finished listening to The Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, two of my favourite authors.  I haven't "read" this book in ages and it was great to listen to it this time instead of reading it.  The narrator was great, throwing in a lot of different voices (I don't know how he jumped back and forth between the accents!) and really kept my interest. 




I forgot how great this book is!  It has the first appearance of Pendergast, which has become their (in my opinion) best character.  I can't say I was too fond of some of the later books that deal with him against his brother, but I have enjoyed most of the later Pendergast books (especially Fever Dream). 

I haven't seen the movie in a long time and may have to watch it again soon.  I remember it being so-so, but I thought the monster looked cool.




I really liked the monster in The Relic.  It was a breath of fresh air how well they blended in the science and came up with something fresh!  I won't spoil it if you haven't read the book yet, so I'll leave it at that.

The Kothoga monster from the movie is available in a 1/12 scale kit by Pegasus.  I think it's 16" long, which is probably a bit too big for using with 28mm miniatures, but I may pick it up for the cool factor alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment