Sunday 17 May 2015

Forest for 6mm!

Inspired by a forest seen in the online magazine Warning Order, I had a go after speaking with the author.


It was quite a learning experience for me!  :-)

The base is laser-cut mdf from Kraken Skulls, with some 1/8" dowel from the local DIY store glued down with No More Nails.  I added in some various-sized gravel on the base while the glue was still wet.  When dry, I primed it and spray painted it brown.  I did a quick dry-brush of a lighter brown on the gravel and then used watered-down pva glue to add on some flock.  The hardest part was next.  The tree tops are clump foliage of three different colours mixed together.  I tried putting it on with spray adhesive, which worked ok.  Then I added in more with the pray in spots that needed it.  Then I used watered down pva to soak the foliage.

I think next time I will make the tree-tops by soaking them in pva separately from the base, shaping it generally.  It was a mess trying to do it on the base, and lots of the clumps fell off.

No comments:

Post a Comment