Thursday 14 August 2014

Nacht Jager

To continue the weird war two theme, I have some Nacht Jager from Artizan Designs





I must say that I am INCREDIBLY pleased with how they came out.  I spent a bit more time on each figure and I think it shows.  I painted the body armour the luftwaffe blue colour, associated with Fallschirmjager.  I guessed from the helmet shape that that is what they are supposed to be like.  I added the FJ eagle to the armour, since the helmet had the little rivet sticking out on the sides. 

Painted while listening to:  Island 731 by Jeremy Robinson



This is my first Jeremy Robinson book.  I've looked at his stuff before, but thought it might be like the mass-produced Clive Cussler stuff.  I was pleasantly surprised to find no crazy over-the-top characters.  Of course, you have to still suspend belief while listening to it, but I thought it was a great book!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work again. I think you're right on the assumption the Nachtjäger beeing FJ's as not only their helmets look the way but their rifles resemble the FG-42.

    ReplyDelete