Sunday 17 February 2013

The Raven

While my wife was out with her friends last night, I sat down to watch The Raven.  I have had this movie for a while, but didn't get around to watching it until now.  I am always on the lookout for movies like these, with a great setting (especially the 19th century) and moodly atmosphere.

John Cusack was good as Poe, but not really as I imaged Poe to be in real life.  I always saw him as more of a depressed, antisocial sort of fellow.  But Cusack does LOOK quite a bit like him, which was great!



I thought the plot was okay - it's all been done before.  Copycat killer killing people like in his stories.  The movie was what I expected it to be - a good historical romp with a good setting.  If you like historical movies like this or are a Poe fan, check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment