Tuesday 22 July 2014

Lots of Weird War 2 Goodness!!!

Today I have quite a few miniatures to show you.  First up are some DUST Warfare/Tactics models, which I had finished quite a while ago but was waiting for some decals to show up:




These are the Axis Laser Grenadiers, and were quite easy to paint.  I tried out doing camouflage on the pants for the first time, and I must say it spices up the models some.  The helmet and shoulder decals are the German Heer ones from Warlord Games.  The cross on the chest is from I-94 Enterprises (GR 106 on the page I've linked to).  It was my first time using decals from I-94, and I am very happy with them.

Up next are some German soldiers with Vampir sights.  They came out recently from Warlord Games, but I can't find them on the website now.





All have been given heads from West Wind's Secrets of the Third Reich line of miniatures.  I think they fit in to the Weird War theme better with the heads!

Coming in at the end are some miniatures from Warlord Games that I am very proud of how they came out.  I like the poses and the face on the SS officer.






The miniatures that I used are German Waffen-SS officer with MP38, Waffen-SS firing Stg-44 Assault Rifle, Waffen-SS running with Stg-44, and Waffen-SS with Stg-44 Assault Rifle.  Three have been given German Gasmask Figure Heads

I am very pleased with how they came out!  I had to do some filling with putty to make the heads look where I wanted them to, but otherwise were an easy conversion.  The ones with the helmets have decals from Warlord Games, same as on the other miniatures in this post.

As you can see, I have finally set up my photography area.  So no more sad pictures from the painting mat!

Painted while listening to:  The Last Town by Blake Crouch



I finished this one off and I really enjoyed it!  Action-packed from start to finish, and the ending could leave room for a sequel but who knows.

Sadly, I have come down with a nasty cold a few days before I head up for two weeks of work.  I didn't do any painting today, but did get to watch a fun show:




The Blood Beast Terror is a typical B-movie romp with Peter Cushing.  It doesn't get very good reviews, but I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment