Saturday 29 June 2013

Snowblind

Sometimes you find a story that really captures your attention.  Snowblind was one of those stories for me!

Snowblind is a novella by Michael McBride - it basically hops into the action right away and doesn't let up.  I LOVE stories that are set in the wilderness with a blizzard raging all around.  Good thing I live in Canada eh?  ;-)



I won't spoil the story and tell you what is menacing the four friends who are out for a good time in the wilderness, but you'll like it (if you're like me!).  There's not much in the way of character development, instead the author focuses on the tension and spooky atmosphere and constant threat that the characters are under.

I bought this novella to read my Kobo, and used a coupon that they often have on offer.  I think it cost me a few dollars.  I wish that it was longer, as I really was bummed out when it ended.  I wanted more!  But the story does end in a suitably gruesome way, albeit very dark...

Highly recommended!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment